Find out everything you need to know about returning internet and mail order purchases.
How to Return an Item
Goods purchased online or via telephone may be returned for a refund within 14 days from delivery (with the exception of non-standard, bespoke or custom items and Businesses). If you order Bespoke or Custom Items, or you order as a Business, you may not cancel unless goods are faulty (see below). Nb, Flex colours, glass types/shades and metal finishes that can be selected, ordered and paid for online without further modification are not considered bespoke.
To return goods to us, please write or email [email protected] including your:
- order details (order or invoice no.)
- phone number
- email address
If you cancel once the goods have been dispatched or delivered, you must return them to us at Fritz Fryer Lighting, Unit 3, Alton Business Park, Alton Road, Ross-On-Wye, HR9 5BP, within 14 days of advising us of your cancellation.
Unless the goods are faulty (see below) the cost of returning the goods must be paid by you (including where you change your mind).
We will refund the price you paid for the Goods (and delivery costs where applicable) by the method you used for payment. We may make reasonable deductions from the price to compensate us: any damage to the Goods or loss of value caused by your handling them, to meet our collection or return delivery costs and to compensate us for any services provided in connection with the Goods (including original shipping costs if your order was shipped to you free of charge).
Refunds will be paid within 14 days of the Goods being returned.
How to Return Items
Any items being returned to us must be returned in the same condition as they were sent. They must not have been installed or used.
We strongly recommend using the original packaging, to ensure the goods arrive back to us safely.
Fritz Fryer Lighting
Alton Business Park
The items returned must be well packed. Return postage is at your cost (unless goods being returned are faulty or as detailed above) and we strongly recommend you obtain proof of postage as we are responsible for your parcel only once it has been received by us. Any loss or breakages will be your responsibility and will result in the guarantee being void.
We cannot send out replacement products until faulty goods have been returned, received and tested. If you wish to receive replacement products more urgently, you can place a new order and receive a refund for the returned items once they are received and checked by us.
Any products modified at the request of the buyer and bespoke items cannot be refunded.
If you purchase as a business, you do not have the right to change your mind and return the Goods. Goods can only be returned to us if we agree to cancel your order or in the event of a fault or defect in the manufacturing or quality of the Goods, you can return the Goods to us and we shall repair or replace them free of charge (in accordance with the terms of our Warranty below). If we agree to cancel your order, you will be liable for any expense or cost incurred by us (which may include the cost of manufacturing and storing the items, delivery charges and a restocking fee – typically 30% of the retail price).
- The items returned must be well packed, preferably in their original packaging. Return postage is at the buyers cost, unless goods are faulty, and we strongly recommend you obtain proof of postage and insurance as we are responsible for your parcel only once it has been received by us. Any loss or breakages will be the responsibility of the buyer and will result in the guarantee being void.
- For smaller items we can email a ‘ship to shop’ label which can be returned through a selection of local stores according to your postcode. For larger items, we can arrange for a courier company to collect the parcel from you providing you are able to print a shipping label. There is a charge for these services (variable depending on size and weight of items being returned).
Fritz Fryer Lighting
Alton Business Park
NB This is the only address where returned goods can be accepted. We do not accept returns to our London showroom.
- Fritz Fryer will pay for the cost of return, or arrange for the item to be collected, if the Goods are faulty or not as described, or if there is an error in the pricing or description of the Goods, or if delivery is seriously delayed (unless this is your fault), or you have a legal right. In all other circumstances (including where you change your mind), the cost of returning the goods must be paid by you.
- In the rare and disappointing case of a faulty item please contact us as soon as possible so that we can arrange repair, replacement or a refund for you.
- If you report your item as faulty and return it to us within 28 days of receipt, we will refund any postage paid with your order and reimburse you for standard return postage on the item. We can arrange to have the faulty item collected within the UK mainland free of charge, providing you have the ability to print a shipping label. After 28 days of receipt of your item return postage will be at your expense.
- We cannot send out replacement products until faulty goods have been returned, received and tested. However, customers can re-order and pay for new goods to replace faulty items within 1 week of the original delivery, and then get a full refund when we receive the returned goods (as
long as they are in the same condition as they were originally delivered).
This is in addition to your statutory rights.
We do not accept returns on international transactions outside of any statutory obligations.
The “COMPANY” refers to Wallis-Smith Ltd, trading as Fritz Fryer Antique Lighting. The “BUYER” refers to the purchaser of goods and services.
Under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 you have the legal right to cancel your order up to 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive your goods (with the exception of any made to order items). You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty.
Should you wish to cancel your order, you can notify us in writing by any durable medium (for example letter sent by post, or e-mail).
You cannot cancel your contract if the goods you have ordered are bespoke (i.e. made to order).
If you have received the goods before you cancel your contract, then you must send the goods back to our contact address at your own cost and risk. If you cancel your contract but we have already processed the goods for delivery, you should not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to us at our contact address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, and we have either received the goods back in their original condition, we will refund any sum debited by us from your credit or debit card within 14 calendar days.
We may make a deduction from your refund for any loss in the value of the goods supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (for example using or installing the goods prior to cancellation).